Camden FireWorks Studio Space Rental Guidelines
Applications for studio space at Camden FireWorks are now being accepted from artists who would like to pursue their art in a communal setting. Camden FireWorks is committed to the creation of an inclusive, professional, diverse, and community-oriented work and event space. We are looking for artists who demonstrate a commitment to their career with an exhibition record or letter(s) of reference and who can provide an artist statement of one page or less.
Applications are reviewed by a Selection Committee consisting of two art professionals or Board Members and one non-voting current studio artist. Wait lists are maintained for one year. Applications for current vacancies will be reviewed as soon as possible. Applicants may be subject to a credit check.
- Complete the Artist Application Form
- Submit 10-15 images of representative work with a summary page with titles, media, sizes and dates of execution. For 3-D work, please submit 3 images of each piece. Number the images on the CD to coincide with the summary page.
- Images may be submitted on CD, thumb drive or by dropbox at www.camdenfireworks.org. Submit an artist's statement of one page or less.
- Enclose a current resume and references.
- Submit any additional support materials you believe to be relevant to your application, including reviews or recommendations.
Summary of Terms:
- Studios may be shared, with separate applications for each artist, but no sublets are permitted.
- Children on premises must be supervised.
- No animals are allowed on the premises.
- No smoking is allowed on the premises or within 20 feet of the building
- Leases are for a one-year term.
- Artistic medium of applicant must be compatible with others sharing studio space.
- At signing of the lease, artist will deposit the first month's rent and the equivalent of one month's rent as a security deposit.
- Artist shall participate in a minimum of one FireWorks exhibition per year and all open studio events.